PP Resources (3)
Below you will find how www.Hydrotherapytraining.com defines Hydrotherapy, Aquatic Physiotherapy and conditions that can benefit from both.
What is Hydrotherapy?
Simply speaking hydrotherapy is using the water for therapy. The term has been used since Greek and Roman times and man has always known the inherent value of water. However the term hydrotherapy has had so many meanings over the centuries that it can be a little confusing to people. Some of the activities that occur in a hydrotherapy pool include:
- Aquatic Physiotherapy
- Water Exercise
- Aqua Aerobics
- Swimming for Special Populations
Aquatic physiotherapy is physiotherapy carried out in warm water where the properties of water are utilized with the knowledge and skills of the physiotherapists to improve the outcome of the rehabilitation process. The physiotherapist already has expertise in human movement and pathologies so uses the warm water to assist and resist body movements, relax muscles, and help decrease pain. Aquatic physiotherapy can be used alone, or in conjunction with other physiotherapy techniques, to improve muscle power, range of joint movement, balance, co-ordination, fitness and confidence in movement.
People with appropriate exercise qualifications may design individual exercise programs or conduct classes in the water. Classes vary depending on the group of patients, their age, swimming ability and medical condition. Many water exercise classes are simply general exercise classes conducted in a swimming pool. People with a particular medical condition should ensure that the instructor has the appropriate qualifications to understand these conditions and advise you on the best activities to do in the water. Physiotherapists are the most appropriate professionals to consult when pain is involved.
Why is water therapy beneficial?
- Decreases muscle spasm
- Assists with pain reduction
- Provides greater joint flexibility
- Allows variable weight bearing
- Specific strength training is possible
- Allows balance training without fear
- Reduces swelling
- Allows people of all ages and disabilities to move more easily and get fitter
- A pleasant form of rehabilitation
Conditions Benefiting from Aquatic Physiotherapy
Physiotherapists with appropriate qualifications use aquatic physiotherapy techniques to treat many types of patients. An aquatic physiotherapist uses hands-on techniques to treat their patients individually in the hydrotherapy pool. They use manual therapy techniques to treat joint and soft tissue problems, prescribe exercises, correct posture and educate regarding the patient’s rehabilitation.
Conditions treated include:
- Back problems
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Sports injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Balance disorders
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you are building a new facility that requires a custom Hydrotherapy pool, we can design one to meet your specification.
Our Rehabilitation and Hydrotherapy pools are designed to either be incorporated into a newly designed building or easily retrofitted into an existing building.
Our products are all built in our factory, fitted and tested before they are disassembled ready to be carried through a normal size doorway and assembled in any room and on any floor.
Most recently we completed a Rehabilitation pool for the Mater Hospital in Australia, NSW. Please follow the link below to a video of the staff talking about the great patient outcomes they have had by offering this kind of treatment.
The PhysioPools Underwater Treadmills are the result of many years of research, development and testing. They are offered in the following products;
The PhysioPools range of products is designed with quality and ease of use in mind. All our systems feature state of the art filtration and water management systems.
What gives the PhysioPools Underwater Treadmill Systems the point of difference;
- All systems are designed to be installed n an existing room. All components are delivered in modular form to be carried through a standard doorway and assembled in room.
- Class leading design, all units are very high quality and robust.
- International 2 year warranty
- State of the art filtration and automatic water treatment system designed for OPTIMUM HYGEINE
- Storage tank and equipment can be located up to 10m away, in another room, on the floor above or the floor below.
- All our products can be easily relocated at any time, with minimum cost.
- All products are designed, manufactured and installed by PhysioPools engineers and trades.
Leasing is also available across all the range.